Mr. Billy's Cajun Market
A Zesty Louisiana Tradition Since 1994
TIPS FOR PERFECT GRILLING
1. Clean & pre-heat grill on high before using.
2. Lightly oil everything before putting your meat on the grill. This helps the searing process and prevents sticking.
3. Season all meats before grilling.
4. Sear the outside of steaks when grilling. This helps hold in the flavor and juiciness.
5. Use tongs or spatula for turning. Using a fork can damage and dry the meat out.
6. Cover the grill as much as possible when grilling. This helps lock in the flavor and prevents flare-ups.
7. Keep spray bottle with water handy to douse unexpected flare-ups.
8. Use the 60/40 grill method. Grill 60% on the first side and 40% on the second side for even cooking.
9. Place cooked products on a clean plate. Never use the same plate used to carry the raw product out to the grill. Always throughly wash the plate you used to carry the raw meat on.
10. Allow food to rest (5) five minutes before serving. This will help to retain moisture when you cut into it.
We hope these hints will help you at your next cookout.